Can I recover a deleted Facebook conversation?

Einar Ejdesgaard March 6, 2013

I accidentally hit “delete conversation” when looking at my options. I was checking out the messages shared between my girlfriend and me. It was an impressive number, just over 60,000 messages. I fear that they have been deleted for good, if that is true then I will be devestated. I am not entirely sure how all these options work. Are my messages not stored on Facebook even if a conversation is deleted?

I am attempting to download my Facebook data under account settings. I can only hope by doing so I will get all the messages back. It is still pending and I need answers – help!

1. veeniti

i just know we can recover deleted files

2. rahel nigussie

i want to recover my delete massages from facebook covnersation

3. Francisco de Gusmao

If you really want the messages, ask your gf. You deleted them, but she didn't! she still have the record

4. GreyMatatabi

i believe you can't

5. Gaurav Anwardekar

no i dont think so

6. justinpot

It's kind of amazing to me that Facebook – which briefly pushed Messages as a sort of alternative to email – doesn't offer a trash bin. But at the very least your girlfriend should still have the messages. You could ask her to copy them to a text document, if you really want to keep the record.

As reported by the others, it is a number of clicks to actually delete them, but that said maybe you can visit her more often then you wouldnt need 60,000 messages :)

8. prashanth singh rathore

no you can't

9. yuitre

I don't think you can. There are just some things better left forgotten.

10. Nitesh Badala

the conversation stored in the form of cookies. once you delete cookies not possible to recover it.

11. maria cater

nope. i just know we can recover deleted files. pity~

12. Micheal00988484

i don't think you can.

13. Zamira

You may lose them. What a pity!

14. SaikatBasu

It is surprising that it was accidental because you have to click twice before you actually get to the confirmation box asking if you are sure. But if you have done so, then I don't think there is a way because the delete confirmation box explicitly tells you that messages are gone for good.

• yachts wench bartowssfs

i ACCIDENTALLY HIT the wrong button. instead of clicking on messages, i did conversation, thinking it was messages. i wasnt paying attention. and lo and behold, it is gone!! i would like to think somehow there is a way to retrieve ithe nfo. i thought and heard that on a computer, somewhere is the info. doesnt really get deleted. so if there is a new founding.. please emale me. thanks

• andrew

you can everything goes threw your email fist everything you do is in your emal

15. Hovsep Avedissian

Can I retrieve deleted messages? | Facebook Help Center
    http://www.facebook.com/help/120994304648896/

there is similar question
    http://www.makeuseof.com/answers/recover-delete-message-history-facebook/
    scroll down see if the proposed method can work for you

How to Recover Deleted Facebook Chat History
    http://www.ehow.com/how_8640630_recover-deleted-facebook-chat-history.html