Can I purchase Android apps with a debit card or a virtual credit card?

King Raju March 29, 2013

How can I purchase Android apps with a debit card or virtual credit card? Because Google begging for Credit Card, which I don’t have.

1. Patrick J

Well, since you mentioned SBI as your bank, you can use their online banking account to make a virtual credit card and even though you set it as the card, you can always change them. I am not sure if someone else sells prepaid cards like WalMart does.

2. Uchitha Jayathissa

You can add it to google wallet.

• dashrath

when i need to buy google play i buy the same form
      a seller on skype: forxn.org

and i don't need any credit card and account etc
      they use
      new IP FOR every google play
      new credit card
      new windows
      new telephone
      new revocery email its very nice service provider

they are very good in

creation of google play android developer account
      also they provide
      all type of vcc like

Paypal VCC
      MoneyBookers VCC
      Payza vcc
      IOffer VCC
      Reloadable VCC

3. James M

My experience with virtual credit card numbers was that they don't work. When I first tried to use one, I was surprised to see it fail. It had always worked elsewhere. So I e-mailed Google about it. Their response on 11/17/11 was: "Unfortunately, we are unable to accept virtual credit cards as a valid payment method. We look forward to offering more options in the future." As you see, that was ~1.5 years ago though, and things may have changed since then. I haven't tried again. Debit cards will probably work OK though, since stores often give you the choice of processing them as debit or credit. I've never tried that though, and there is the issue of debit card being linked straight to your bank account -- using credit cards usually offers some protections (e.g., against fraudulent purchases) that debit cards don't always offer.

4. Ashutosh

I pay with my "global" debit card (it's a MasterCard) and it works. Some of my friends also use EntroPay, which I think is a virtual credit card, and it works for them. So yes, either should work. :)

5. Uchitha Jayathissa

I think virtual credit card works. because I also paid for a Nexus 7
    should work for Apps also

6. Richard Weeden

Debit Card: Yes
    Virtual Credit Card: If it has an address, experation date, and that 4-digit code in the corner, then yes.

7. Shreyas Pai

Just tried purchasing a movie with a debit card from the Google play store. Definitely works in India. You just have to enter your debit card details when asked for credit card details. It's usually a mere difference in whether the bank bears the transaction charge or the company does.

• surya

What card did u use I have job card which doesn't work

• surya

I meant Indian overseas card

8. Christine St Syr Griffin

debit card definately works for me, christine

9. Joel Thomas

No problem just enter your debit card as the credit card
    then purchase dollars to your google wallet
    so that you dont have to enter credit or debit card details everytime you make a purchase

10. Haley M

If you ask your bank they'll be able to send you a debit card associated with your account in most cases. All you have to do is have money in the bank then away you go

• sachin_goral

Even I was wondering that for a few days now and was thinking of linking my friends credit card to my account. Thanks Chris.
      My question is, can a same debit card be linked to 2 Google play accounts data time ?

11. Chris Marcoe

Enter your debit card as a credit card and it should work jsut fine. I've been doing that for a year or 2 now. Never had a problem.

• krishna

my SBI (state bank of india) debit card is not working

12. justinpot

The simplest thing might be to go to a store and buy a Google Play gift card. You can get those with cash or a bank card easily all over the place – at least, that's how it is in the USA. Where are you?

Using Google Wallet for your Google Play purchase
    http://support.google.com/googleplay/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=2411788
    Devices on Google Play cannot accept orders via fax, phone, e-mail or purchase order.
    We do not support Virtual Credit Cards (VCC) for Google Wallet purchases in the store.

google wallet
    http://www.google.com/wallet/faq.html

14. Michael Heffner

I have lived the last 10 years without a bank account , no credit cards, and zero debt, yet I am able to routinely purchase on the iTunes, Google Play, and even Amazon sites. The key is getting a pre-paid visa card (in my case it was from Wal-Mart. You don't even have to give them your real name. You load it up and it works just as a visa since it is one. You just have no credit, only what you load on the card.