Can I pre-emptively block Facebook users before they receive my friend request?

Terri Scott December 7, 2012

This has happened repeatedly over the past few years. It happened today and it was someone I would never have given access to my Facebook. Of course by the time I logged on and found out he was a “friend”, he had plenty of time to peruse my timeline. I can only imagine that at some point everyone in my contact list received an invitation from me.

Is there any way I can block some of these people before they accept the invitations I never sent?

1. Avish Kansakar

how do they become your friends if you have never sent them a friend request is what baffles me

2. Brad Ward

Actually there may be a solution.

It sounds like you used an automatic friend-finder (for example, by giving FB your email details and then it adds everyone that it finds in your contact list by sending them a friend request).

Normally, if you send a friend request, you can cancel it. Go to that person's Facebook profile. Scroll over the the button that reads "Friend Request Sent." A menu will pop up, and at the bottom will be an option to "Cancel Friend Request." Click it.

The catch is, you will need to know which people to visit in order to cancel the requests. This works manually - I am not 100% certain it works with the automatic friend finders. But definitely give it a go.

3. Alex Perkins

Improbable

4. Douglas Mutay

If in real life, you can avoid someone and prevent him becoming your friend but unfortunately you can't do this on fb. As for his name listed in your friend list you have certainly add him...

5. josemon maliakal

That is imporssible

6. Raj Sarkar

How come you have never sent that person a request and he is in your friend list? :O

• Âdil Farôôq

well he might have used some application which gained access to his account using access token. so its possible :)

• Yogesh Verma

looks like u r using fake like,comments on FB .