Can I move Android 4.0 applications on my LG Optimus to the SD card?

Bhavuk December 17, 2012

I have recently purchased an LG Optimus L9 and whenever I download and install an app from the Google Play store it automatically saves to the internal memory of the phone. Is there any way to transfer the apps to the SD card and also automatically install the apps to the SD card when purchasing them?

The internal memory is just 2 GB, which isn’t ideal for installing most things. The phone is running on Android 4.0 and I really don’t want to root my device. Can you help?

1. Alice Cornelios

Rooting will void the warranty of your phone. Root at your own risk. Is there any more apps other than the mentioned above?

2. Gino Davis

What is meant by "ROOT"? and how can i do that? me to using LG optimus L9 with ICS running on it. It defines phone internal memory as SD card. so we can not move with app2 sd or any other aps

3. Bhavuk Jain

Thanks a lot guys but these answers doesn't seems to be helpful. Can I get an expert advice?

• Josh

I had the same issue, same phone. Answer: LG has disabled moving apps to SD. That's why you can't do it using the App Properties page on the phone's OS, and all these App 2 SD programs simply take you to that page.

I haven't tried rooting but it seems this is the only way, and it invalidates your warranty. This is a dealbreaker for me so I'm likely to take the phone back.

If you have storage issues, some apps like Audible let you choose to download content or cache to the external card, so check all those.

4. Ahmed Musani

you need to root it first.

5. Kulwinder Rouri

You can move Apps to SD Card but for this you have to Root your phone and install apps like App2sd or Link2Sd

6. Rohit Jhawer

Try app2sd app this will help you solve the problem.

If you want to automate the action then you will have to root your device, every device has its own process. Once you root your device you can try this app named titanium backup (A must have for a rooted device). With this app you can do almost everything you can think of.

It's upon app developer to make their app moveable to SD card or not.There's a app which detects app installations and tells you whether it's movable or not.

MoveApps -

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.probcomp.moveapps&hl=en

You can get detailed information under the link below -

http://www.bongizmo.com/blog/moving-all-android-apps-to-sdcard-apps2sd-froyo/

8. Âdil Farôôq

You can't you have too Root the device for this purpose.

9. Ahamed Yaseen

Not able to move... I also tried all the methods but it doesn't work.... Lg assumes internal memory as sd card...

10. Fawad Mirzad

Not all applications support moving to SD card. If your application supports moving to SD card go to setting >> applications >> tap on applications and move to SD card.
    There are some applications in Google play that helps you do this.

• salim benhouhou

App2sd is great i tried it on my galaxy mini and it worked fine

• Bhavuk Jain

I can't see any option to move them using App2SD. It just shows me the info of the app but no option to move.

Not all apps are movable to memory card.It's upon developer to make this feature compatible with their app.

12. Migas Marques

Unfortunately you have to root ICS and install crossix mod.