Can I install my Avira internet security on Windows 8?

Thomas Cherian March 18, 2013

I changed my OS from Windows 7 to Windows 8 and the Avira internet securiy I had previously installed on Windows 7 dont work now. How can I fix this?

1. Naman Munet

yess u can easily install it only when there is no other antivirus installed on it....it will work.

2. Silhoutte James

1.) Avira doesn't support Windows 8.

2.) When the OS will be supported, you will be able to use the same license key which you used before (of course if it will not be expired till that time).

3. Joel Thomas

Yes its perfectly up and running on windows 8

4. Nitesh Badala

the latest version of avira internet security is compatible with windows 8.to view more go through the offecial website of avira

http://www.avira.com/en/download/product/avira-internet-security

5. jrasulev

Yes, you can install Avira 2013

try running it on compatibility mode.

7. Jan Fritsch

At this point only the 2013 versions of Avira products are compatible with Windows 8. According to the document at the following page customers of the 2012 version can/will get a free upgrade to 2013.
    http://www.avira.com/en/support-for-business-knowledgebase-detail/kbid/1385

8. Maxi3w

Firstly I would open your Avira AV and check for 'Updates' as there may be one for the new OS and implement it. If not, phone/email Avira directly with your software 'Key Number', which you were given at the start of using the security, and ask them to update it for you - That's if it is a paid version. If free, then just go and download the OS compatible version from Avira's site or another download site. Hope this helps :)

• Thomas Cherian

Avira Free Anti Virus build 2890 is working on my pc.
      Thought something was wrong with windows 8.