Can I install Android on an old Sony phone?
Question by Igor Rizvi? /

Can I install Android OS on my old Sony Ericson Spiro mobile phone to use it is a cellbot through mini-USB or and audio jack?

Browse other questions & answers in the category , ; tagged , ; or ask your own question.

• Aniket Singh

no can’t upgrade it to androide becoz its hardware does’t support……androide has sensors and some more hardware which is not present in this mobile….if u will try to upgrade it it may harm ur i strongly recommend that don’t do this

• Saurav Azad

no i dont think so the hardware support that

• Junil Maharjan

I don’t think so, the hardware will not be compatible.

• Micheal

no, the hardware doesnt fit

• Sashritha Peiris

You probably can after ages of rooting, hacking (nothing illegal) and maybe some coding but I doubt you wil be able to use android at all on your phone unless your phone has a touch screen. On the whole it would be easier, faster and probably cheaper to buy a cheap android phone like the Samsung Galaxy Mini

• siddharth singh

it depends on the phone…. now in your case, the internal memory is too low to install android … and the processor also would be too darn slow to run android

• Mihovil Pletikos

no…. only a few non android phones can have android…. l

• Yash Bansal

No you can’t!
    Only you can upgrade your android version if you if have an android supporting OS.
    Fresh install is not possible!

• Ahmed Musani

there has been no rom developed for this phone to mod so no you can’t.

You will risk your phone getting bricked and even burned out if you do so.Moreover,the internal memory is 5 MB which is way too low for installing Android.

• Igor Rizvi?

yes but it has an sd card extension

But the read/write speed and loading times will lag heavily if he’s able to build a successful ROM for his phone.Hardware compatibility is another issue he’s going to face.