Can I hide only certain Facebook friends from other Facebook friends?

Becky Schnabel November 17, 2012

Is it possible to hide certain friends from other friends on Facebook? An example would be if I wanted to cheat on my boyfriend with someone, and was friends with that person on Facebook also.

Can I just hide that one person from my boyfriend, but still have the rest of my friends list be visible to him? I have seen where someones list says they have a certain number of friends, but there are some that are not visible on the list. It is just an empty space on the list, when scrolling through the friends list.

I have seen this question asked before, but the only response I see is how to make your whole list private. Any ideas?

1. Terafall

Its impossible for now but you can create a separate account and put the friend that you want to hide on the secondary account without putting it on your primary account

2. Aniket Singh

no u can't hide certain frnd u can hide entire frnd list

3. Aswin Kumar K P

What you are saying was mutual friends list.But in facebook a single person cannot be hidden from the friendlist to a specific person.

• Douglas Mutay

Agree. This feature is not yet implemented in fb.

4. Aditya Roy

You can hide your entire friend list from someone but cannot hide a single friend.
    The only way you can achieve that is to access your bf's fb account or account of the person you intent to cheat with and block the other person.

5. Raj Sarkar

Facebook is not designed to do so.You want to hide mutual friends list from your boyfriend,but this is viewable and even if you stop displaying list of friends on Facebook timeline profile,visitors also have another way to view it.

• becky

Not a mutual friend, just someone on a friends list. That you don't want someone else to see. I just used a cheating scenario, because it it the most likely situation for wanting to hide just one, or a few people from someone.

You cannot hide only a particular person.You can only hide all friends from your boyfriend.

If you follow all the steps mentioned under the link below,then you would be able to hide your friend list from everyone(except mutual friend list) -

http://www.groovypinkblog.com/2012/02/18/how-to-hide-friends-on-facebook/

If you want to hide your friend list from your boyfriend,then a slight modification of steps mentioned in above link is required.

1) Instead of clicking on only me,click on custom,under " Hide this from " type the name of your boyfriend in the text field.

2) Click on Save Changes.

• Gustavo Costa

SusenDeep is right. Follow just her guide.