Can I hide my comment on a ‘public’ Facebook post from a friend contact?

Dr.Sunil Vaswani December 23, 2012

Can I hide my comment on a public Facebook post from a friend contact? Please note that this question is for ‘public’ Facebook posts either of friend or page or group.

1. Dr.Sunil Vaswani

Is Restricted List a working option to hide comments on public posts?

2. Douglas Mutay

I am sorry to have to say NO, you can't. As long as you post in a public profil your answer is just there. Your friend or anyother one who are not your friend will be able to see it. Blocking your friend will only mean that you won't be able to see him in your private fb area but everything you post in public will still be available to him.

3. Duy Nguyen Minh

You can choose Post In group your friends

4. Hazin Shereef

Now facebook improved their privacy settings......
    goto ur account , in top right corner of ur screen near home button- u can see a small lock with 3 lines button.
    select it > select who can see my stuff > in who can see my future posts select CUSTOM> a small screen will appear , type the name of ur friend u want to hide stuffs in the box under "Don't share this with"

• Dr.Sunil Vaswani

Does the 'Restricted List' auto-sync with this?

• Dr.Sunil Vaswani

Does Restricted List hide comments to public posts?

6. Muo TechGuy

No, public means anyone can see it, regardless of who they are or where it was posted. If you don't want a "friend" to see what you write, then delete or block them, and post it to "friends only".

7. SHASHI MISHRA

Please organise your freinds as close freinds/acquintance/etc and try option relating to this in settings to monitor the details you want to disclose/ not disclose.