Can I find my lost iPod Touch even though it’s out of battery?

Savannah R July 26, 2013

I’m getting a new iPhone in August/September but my mom might not because of me losing my iPod. She thinks I won’t be very responsible with an iPhone. I believe its in her car, but the car’s always spotless so i don’t know why i cant find it.

Please help – what can I do to try and find it? It’s out of battery by now, and I have no iCloud.

1. Somedude

Its impossible to find i have the same problem srry bro

2. Marc M

Unfortunately, the iPod is untrackable when it is out of battery. I would just check extra hard in the car, and regulary look at iCloud.com incase it has been stolen and activated.

if you did not install tracking applications then it is not possible to locate, also if ipod is not online then it is in darkness hard will be to spot it.

4. Tim Brookes

Unfortunately, there is very little you can do now that the device is out of battery. In fact, you would only have been able to find your iPod Touch if it was in-range of a recognised wireless network because it has no other connection to the Internet. I can only suggest you look extra hard in the car, and check down the sides of the sofa.

Then again, an iPhone would probably be easier to find provided it had battery. As the iPhone connects to the cellular network, it always has a connection and so if you lose your iPhone you can simply find it again by logging in to iCloud.com and locating it. You can even delete the memory remotely if you want. This isn't much good if you let the phone run out of battery, but our phones are generally something we notice going missing before most other things these days.

You basically need to ensure you enable the "Find my Phone" feature when you get your iPhone. You might want to tell your mom about it, if she has concerns about your phone going walkies too.