Can I disable the right-click menu on Google+ to protect photos?

Marius van Breda March 18, 2013

Is it possible to safeguard my photos in Google+ against unauthorised copying? An option In Google+ to disallow the download of photos is available, but this do not disable the right click context menu. This means the photo can still be copied in Windows and Chrome – what can I do about this?

1. justinpot

The Internet is a giant copying machine. Security doesn't help – anything you put on the Internet can be copied. And if it's any good, it will be. Frustrating, but that's just how it is.

2. Anukul Sangwan

• Go here:
    https://www.google.com/settings/plus
    • Scroll down to 'Photos'.
    • See the second option: "Allow viewers to download my photos"
    (This is checked by default, you can untick it to disable this.)

Anukul Sangwan

• Alan Wade

I think you need to re-read the question and you will find out that that option dosnt stop the right click method.

The only real way that you can make it difficult for the image theives is to watermark them. You can choose to download an app open it within Windows or you can choose to use an online watermarking app.
    Here is a list of both on and offline watermarking applications.

http://louisem.com/1912/free-watermark-software-watermark-online

As others have explained, you can't modify the Google+ interface to that extent. I suggest you put a visible watermark on the photos. If the watermark in an unobtrusive place (bottom left is often a good place for this), the photos will remain interesting/beautiful etc, but the watermark will prevent people from using your pictures elsewhere while remaining.

5. MakeUseOf TechGuy

No, you can't, and even if you could disable right click, it's incredibly easy to open up developer console and inspect the element to find the URL to download directly.

Messing around with Javascript and core browser functionality is incredibly frustrating to users. If your images are worth so much, either watermark them or don't put them in the public domain like that.

6. Imesh Chandrasiri

This can be done by scripts if you had access to html level of your profile! for an example I have done this in my blog ( blogger ). since G+ won't allow this, I'm afraid there's nothing much we can do! perhaps maybe request the G+ team to implement this feature.

7. Kyem Ghosh

No you cant do so.. Set your privacy to private and so no one can see it... Its all due to java script, you can change the java script and disable the right click for your own computer but not for others.. N so you have to spare a bit if you wanna share your photos..

8. SaapeXD MoHods

Google+ does not Allow Right Click Function Disabling! If you want to protect your pics in Google+ , the best way is to make the album/ photos Private.

Come to think of it, even if you disable right click, the photos can still be copied... There is a key in the keyboard called PRINTSCREEN.

I have a suggestion: WATERMARK Your Pictures ( Make sure the watermark covers most of the image )! It would be good if you watermark it so that it would be difficult to remove them! (take a look at stockphoto.com , to see how they have watermarked the images) !

Hope this Helps! Cheers! :D

they can also use screenshot application to take screenshot of the picture.

to do what you want google must offer the solution else you can watermark the photo.