Can I ask for support from BitDefender for a product that I activated using the MakeUseOf Rewards key?

Dimal Chandrasiri December 13, 2012

I got my BitDefender Internet Security using the MakeUseOf Rewards!

Now I’m facing random crashes of the BitDefender program with Windows 8, and there are frequent warnings about a port scan using my router address. The program asks me to send the error report, but it cannot send the error report. Can I contact the BitDefender support about this matter.

1. Ron Lister

Thats another great thing I love about MUO. The free downloads and Giveaways come with all the bells and whisles, just like a payed copy. thanks you MUO

2. Roomy Naqvy

Absolutely. The Makeuseof is a legal copy. You should ask them for support and they should give it to you.

3. Alex Perkins

It's a completely legit copy, so of course you can!

this is a good question, thanks for asking.

• Dimal Chandrasiri

:) u r welcome!

I don't see any problem in this. You have a legal copy.

Dimal,

You own a legal copy of BitDefender Internet Security. So of course you can contact their support!

• salim benhouhou

that's right Tina MUO is the best

• Abba Jee

Thanks for information :)

• Dimal Chandrasiri

Thank you tina for your information. :) There is a small issue though. I come to MUO once a day and I was waiting for the emails that MUO provide when a question is answered. But now I don't get that emails from MUO. So I returned now to check my answers. :) if MUO team can fix this issue, that would be nice.

Thanks for the heads-up. You should receive email notifications. I received a notification of your response, so at least those notifications are working. Did you check your Spam/Junk folder?

• Dimal Chandrasiri

yeah I checked! but nothing is there other than the news letters from MUO :)