How can I hide a computer in my company network using subnetting?

Anonymous February 10, 2014

I’m working for an insurance company and I need to hide the accounting computer from other computers using subnetting. How can I do this?

Please help me.

I don't see why you want to "hide" the computer in such a manner. If you simply don't want other computers to be able to even attempt to access files on it, you can either disable the Server service and/or use a software firewall on the computer that denies all incoming connections (regardless of connection type, though this can disrupt other functions such as streaming content and remote administrative access).

2. djbtwcny

Get a cheap router with NAT firewall and plug your accounting computer into it.
    https://www.grc.com/nat/nats.htm

• Karl M

This would probably be against company policy and it may get you fired, or at the very least, a reprimand as such things are a security risk in a corporate network.