Can Google + app for iPhone receive Hangout calls even if the app is not running?

DrSunil Vaswani March 5, 2013

Can Google + app for iPhone receive Hangout calls, even if the app is not open?

I could receive Hangout calls on Google + in Android, even if the app was not switched on or opened.

1. Anish P

The moment you install the app, it will ask you if you wish to allow push notifications for the app. Once you allow the Google + app to send push notifications, you'll get an alert whenever you get a call, even if the app isn't running in the background.

2. Luke Sharkey

iOS Apps in general do not run in the background unless they are tagged as music or navigation apps. When you close an app in iOS it is "suspended" and stops running. If someone sends you a hangout request you will get a notification if and only if you said yes to the "allow notifications" prompt when you first opened the App. After that notification you can open the App and start hanging again.

3. Tejas Prakash

Yes, it does. It sends you a notification and buzzes you when someone sends you a hangout request. You can then slide the icon on the notification to open the app directly to the hangout page.

4. ferdinan Sitohang

Same application, should be the same configuration. Then it can, i think

5. Max

I am pretty sure it can show notifications, so it probably can. Think about it: if instagram and Words With Friends can show non-running notifications, G+ probably can too.

I'm not an iPhone user so forgive me if this is actually incorrect.