How can I get a wireless connection with my home network setup?

riju October 13, 2014

Hi Viewers, I connect to the internet using a Cisco router that has no wireless capability. DHCP is disabled and public IP is only provided by service providers. I also have a Huawei B683 router but has no internet connection. Is there any way to get an internet connection for my mobile?

I agree with Fidelis. Best thing would be to use a Wireless router (perhaps the Huawei, or else one provided by your ISP). If you can't, you can connect the Huawei to the Cisco "back to back" with a cable and use it as a Wireless access point but to be honest, if you don't know how to change the settings on both then you'll probably find yourself in deep waters, so it would be better to avoid that. You haven't explained why DHCP is turned off on your Cisco router, which makes me wonder if you're only telling us half the story. Are you using an ordinary broadband connection or is this at a University or similar organisation?

Hello, what version of windows do you have? Is the Cisco router provided by your ISP? Is it possible for you to get a different router with wireless capabilities than the one provided by ISP? If it is possible, that would be the best option. It would cost you but not that much.

This is one option you could try and it is free:

Virtual router: http://virtualrouter.codeplex.com/

The Huawei router has wireless capabilities. You could probably connect the Huawei router to your main router with cable and turn the wireless there. Only thing is, DHCP would have to be enable in your cisco router and you would have to turn the DHCP off the huawei.