How can I get my WinXP laptop to load WiFi and other drivers after crashing?

Anonymous June 8, 2014

I bought a Win 8.1 desktop. My laptop is Win XP. After hooking up my desktop, the laptop crashed. It is a refurbished IBM Thinkpad. I have loaded in from the provided disks. But cannot get any of the drivers loaded so cannot install them. They are in a folder on C drive. I cannot get any network connection as WiFi is not loaded. Before when both desktop and laptop were Win XP, had no problems. Laptop connected thru Netgear. Have tried everything I can think of, figure it is something simple that I cannot figure out. Please help if possible.

Like Hovsep, I'm not sure I understand what the connection is between your desktop and the laptop. They should be separate devices that do not affect each other (certainly the existence of one should not cause the other to crash).

Assuming your Windows XP is running properly apart from some drivers, therea are a few things you can do:

• Connect the laptop top your router with a network cable, then proceed to download drivers from Lenovo (as the company is called now).
    • Open the device manager and check to see which devices are not working, and why. If the WiFi card is problematic, remove it, restart the system and see if it is autodeteced & installed. If not, you can downlod the driver from Lenovo on your desktop, transfer it via a USB drive and run set it up on the laptop.
    • If that last stage fails, get back to us with the error message and we'll try to make sense of it.

laptop crashed when you hooked it with your desktop?

you can download driver forge on your windows 8 desktop, burnr to a CD or copy it to a USB flash drive.
    http://www.softpedia.com/get/System/System-Miscellaneous/DriverForge.shtml
    When you want to install drivers on a system, run the DriverForge tool also Check “Restart when completed”