How can I get Ubuntu 12.04 to recognise my wireless adapter?

Md Mukhtar M January 10, 2014

I recently installed Ubuntu 12.04 on my laptop alongside Windows 7. I then tried to find my Wi-Fi network but was unable to find it, searched the internet and found command “rfkill list all” which shows all connected wireless adapters. Mine is showing only my bluetooth and not Wi-Fi adapter.

How i can solve this issue?

Please help.

1) Type Software Sources or just Software in the Dash search box:
    2) Select Software Sources and after select Additional Drivers (Last TAB) then select the Proprietary Driver for your wireless:
    in case Additional Drivers do not work and you go for terminal installation check the below link.
    How to Install Broadcom Wireless Drivers (BCM43xx)
    http://askubuntu.com/questions/55868/how-to-install-broadcom-wireless-drivers-bcm43xx

• Md Mukhtar M

Thanks it worked.

thanks for your feedback and glad it worked for you, did you use the Additional Drivers path or was it the terminal installation.

2. Kamil K

Have you tried posting your question on Ubuntu's forum? They helped me with numerous wireless issues in Linux. Check it out - ubuntuforums.org

• Md Mukhtar M

OK