How can I get my tablet to switch on?

March 26, 2014

Hi, my kids were playing on the tablet it got hanged now it has turned off and is not turning on even when the power button is pressed for 20 seconds… I’m worried. Please help, it’s a Samsung GT-p5113.

There are multiple suggestions that supposedly work for your situation. If neither above suggestion help, try holding the power button for 30 seconds or more with the charger unplugged. Then try the above suggestions again. Others have mentioned pressing the volume button, placing a finger on the screen, and then press the power button at the same time for 10+ seconds. Some say pressing the home, volume, and power buttons for 10-30 seconds works. One suggestion I've come across, but do not suggest, is shocking the system by plugging and unplugging the charger from the wall while plugged into the phone (this was done by a frustrated and frantic user). Try a different charger cable and/or another wall adapter, especially one that is 2.1 amps. Otherwise, take it in for repairs.

2. Jeff F

Plug it into a wall charger for a few hours and then try it.

try to press Power+volume down for 10 seconds