How can I get my Sony Xperia L recognised as a USB device on my PC?

Anonymous April 26, 2014

When I connect my Sony Xperia L on my PC it makes sounds and it doesn’t work. When I disconnect it I hear the normal sound for disconnecting any USB device. My PC doesn’t respond it. I used to connect it to my PC normally. Now For 2 weeks it does not respond. What should i do?

If neither of the above suggestions work for you, you can use the guide and files found at XDA Developers (a special thread was created due to similar issues). http://forum.xda-developers.com/xperia-l/help/solved-xperia-l-drivers-adb-problems-t2493042

• Open the Device Manager on your PC (if you're not familiar with it, right-click on "(My) Computer" and choose "Manage", then click "Device Manager" on the left).
    • Now plug in your phone and wait a few seconds. A device will be listed which will have an exclamation mark or an X over it. Right-click on it and uninstall it.
    • Disconnect the phone, wait a few seconds and plug it in again. It should be recognised and hopefully a fresh copy of the driver will be installed.