How can I get my Samsung Galaxy 3 to boot up properly?

Anonymous September 7, 2014

OK, my Samsung Galaxy 3 kept flickering the battery symbol. I did the “hold power button and volume button” trick and it stopped the flickering but now it only shows the Samsung logo and it makes the sound of powering up… It is stuck there and will not get past this point – just a screen with the Samsung logo that comes and goes every 7 seconds.

Hopefully you backed up all of the data that you wanted and needed before the boot loop occurred. If not, you may not be able to recover the information easily our at all. You may have to hard reset your device, which you can do by pressing the power and volume button and use the volume button to scroll through the selections, and use the power button to select the option you need (factory reset). I would give more information, but I'm not sure if your device is a Galaxy S3 or Galaxy Tab 3, and if you had USB debugging enabled, other options would be possible.