How can I get rid of .EXE files which my Android phone puts on my SD card?

Akshay Jaiswal November 2, 2014

I have an android phone. Whenever I put my SD card in my mobile , I found some .exe files generated automatically with the same name as folder it contains. Like in backup folder I find backup.exe of size about 5 mb. Please help me to remove these .EXEs . I tried using my laptop antivirus, it removes those exe s but again get generated in mobile.

1. Susendeep.D

Try scanning your phone using an antivirus app like avast.If still it doen't works,then backup your data and reformat your SD card in the phone.

insert the sd to laptop/pc
    1. Go to control Panel, Folder Options -- select VIEW--- select Show hidden
    files and folders and uncheck Hide protected operating system files (recommended)  click APPLY
    2. go to your sd card delete the virus and all the shortcut folders that have
    no data in them. create new folders (give the same name as your normal non infected hidden folders) and copy the data from YOUR hidden folders into them. once that is done delete the old hidden folders.
    3. open task manager--- find the virus/malware program which will
    have the same name as the one you just deleted off sd card
    4. control panel, Folder options select view- select DO
    NOT show hidden files and folders and recheck Hide protected operating system
    files (recommended).