How can I get more people to read my blog?

Anonymous January 21, 2014

I know we are supposed to go to similar blogs and comment on those, but there are very few similar blogs to mine.

Do you have any other ideas for me?

1. James B

The fact that there are very few similar blogs would suggest it's an extremely niche topic that no-one is interested in. Either that, or you've come with an original topic that hasn't been covered yet and yet has enormous traffic potential. Which do you think is more likely?

Here's an idea: if you want a brutally honest opinion of why your blog doesn't have the traffic it deserves, paste the link here, and I'll gladly tell you why. If you post a "blogpost.com" address, you already have your answer.

2. Dave P

Concentrate on the content first and foremost. If you want people to read your blog then you need to write entries people will be interested in. You could also utilize the opportunities social media offers, especially Twitter. The truth is though, that a personal blog is unlikely to gain a lot of traffic. So if traffic is what you're after you need to create a website with a dedicated topic.