How can I get the keyboard to behave normally after running “Disco Lights”?

December 28, 2013

Hi guys. I tried the disco lights keyboard trick (http://www.tweakandtrick.com/2010/12) on my Toshiba (5 times in a row) and nothing happend… so i decided to try on my Mom’s laptop… a Sony Vaio one. And it did work for the green LEDs (they’ve gone crazy!) but now the keyboard doesn’t work like before. For example, I press “k” and I get “2”, or I press “e” and get 3… I deleted the file and my recycle bin is now empty… What should I do?! please… Help me! (My mom hates me right now)

[Ed: the original title was “can t find the vbs file on task manager! (i tried: no wscript or cscript)”, can’t see how this is relevant, but am including it here).

As said in the trick article followed by you,terminate the wscript.exe process by going to Task Manager and locate and select it and then click on end process.

Then delete(Shift+delete) the file so that this trouble doesn't hunts you again.

2. Alan W

Search for 'Change Keyboard' in the Start Menu search box and click on the 'Change keyboards or other input methods' search result.
    In the 'Region and Language' window, click on 'Change keyboards' button.
    Now check that the correct language is selected.

1) go to device manager locate keyboard driver
    2) right click and choose uninstall (do not delete)
    3) Reboot and Windows will install the driver

Reboot the computer properly, i.e. by choosing "Shut down", and when it has switched off, start it up again, or by choosing "restart" from teh shutdown menu. This should reset everything to how it was.