How can I get my HP AIO printer to print with Windows 7 Ultimate?

Mukul D July 10, 2014

I bought a printer HP Deskjet 1515. I am having problem in printing with Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit.  With my PC/laptop I can scan & print. Diagnostic print & alignment print (HP software provided) successfully but from other applications i.e. Photoshop, Word or Windows test print, printing is not possible. I am not getting any error message.  It is working with Windows 8 (tried with HP notebook) and it is also working with Windows 7 Professional.  Please give appropriate guidance.

Check the HP support website and search for your printer. Check to see if there is a driver and software update, download it, and install. Most times there would be updates for printers that wind up being overlooked. You should be able to get to the support website here: http://support.hp.com.

• Mukul

This step all ready done

2. Mukul

Thanks Oron, I did as u suggested, the printer in now in Ready state instead of offline and its my default, but it doesnt print any document. The scanning works perfectly fine.
    I also tried deleting the drivers and plugged in again, 17 MB windows driver got installed but still printing does not work.

I can't be certain without having more information, but check your "Devices and Printers" window. You may find that the printer appears there multiple times. Most of the instances will be "offline" and the print jobs will be going to one or more of them. The active printer driver (just hover the mouse over each printer to see its status) has not been set as your default printer. Right click on it, set is as default and that's you for the time being.

This can happen with any printer (especially if you disconnects it & reconnect it to the PC), but HP printers seem to be particularly prone to it.