How can I get my Galaxy Tab’s display to work again?

LadyC November 20, 2014

I have a Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1. The screen wont light up but you can see it’s on because the lights are on at the bottom. It was a gift and I really want to get it fixed. Can anyone help?

1. DalSan M

There are a couple of things that could be wrong with the tablet; the LCD screen and digitizer needs to be replaced, or the tablet is hard-bricked (the firmware was either corrupted or the wrong firmware was installed onto the tablet). Depending on how old the tablet is, it may be cheaper to just purchase a similar one instead of replacing the screen. If the tablet is hard-bricked, it may be difficult to find a repair shop that can J-TAG the tablet to working order, and may be as expensive as replacing the screen. As Susendeep suggested, request a replacement or give it back to the person that gave it to you, state what the problem is and that it cannot be used as is.

2. Susendeep.D

I think it's problem that cannot be fixed by normal procedures.If it's gift,then you can reuest the one who gifted you to provide the invoice of it so that you can take it to the store for replacement as it's new.