How can I get a Facebook ticker?

Kevin B July 25, 2014

How do I get the Facebook ticker? Everybody I know has a ticker but I never got a ticker and I didnt hide anything.

1. Haroon R

If you don't see ticker, check to see if you've hidden or minimized it. To unhide ticker if your chat sidebar is closed, click Show Ticker in the upper-right corner of your News Feed.

To unhide ticker if your chat sidebar is open, make ticker bigger or smaller by dragging the horizontal bar between ticker and chat up and down. Drag it to the top to hide ticker, and drag down again to add ticker.
    You also might not be connected to people or Pages that use Facebook a lot, so there's not enough activity to make ticker useful for you. Ticker only shows up for people when there's a certain amount of account activity.

Learn more about hiding and resizing a ticker at: https://www.facebook.com/help/168035603275839

2. Ben S

Is your display zoomed in at all? If your screen is too small, Facebook will hide the ticker.

Do you have an add-on like Social Fixer or FB Purity installed that might hide it?