How can I get contact forms to send messages to my mail address?

Anonymous March 27, 2014

I have set up email ID with my domain (i.e. contact@mydomainname.com). On the other hand, I am using WordPress and contact form to let others send me email. My problem is any contact form I use is not sending email to my email address, but at the same time, I can get email that has been sent from GMail, Yahoo etc. Can someone please help me with possible solution?

If your @mydomain.com email address has a spam filter try turning it off.

Depending on how the plugin works the message might be coming straight out of the web server machine so it may fail some of the anti-spam checks performed.

2. Sudip M

Hello Oron, I am getting email from the same contact form if I set @gmail.com email ID in the place of @mydomain.com. I don't know coding and that's why I am using contact form plugin.

There is no inherent reason why you should be able to send messages to your address from GMail, but not from a form, so first of all, check your spam folder and see if the messages from the form are being diverted there. If not, set up the forms to send the messages to your GMail or Yahoo addresses and see if that works. If it doesn't - it's a problem in the setup of the forms.