How can I get my Android phone to recognize my SIM after clearing flash in factory mode?

February 13, 2014

I have an Android 2.2 phone model L601. I went into factory mode which I have only just discovered and I have cleared the flash by accident. Now I seem to be in trouble as the phone wont recognize my SIM card. I’m a real rookie and really would like some help if possible.
cheers
Tony

1. Tony mortimer

thanks for your advice. I have sent a email to the firm that i bought the phone from, and they have replied that they want my order number, which i have now sent so I will keep you updated ad to the firmware.
    Cheers Dalsun M

• Dalsan M

That would be the best route to go with, and I hope that everything works out for you. Sometimes it's better to go through customer service than to try something that may not work or may make things worse.

Cheers Tony.

2. tony

This is chinese phone with Mt6516, ms board gishang16, uboot ver. 2010.06, kernal ver.2.6.32.9 (user@us , gcc ver. 4.4.0 g android ver. 2.2.2 sw ver.10YW1048MP.
    I somehow got into factory mode, and pressed clear flash, dont know why. the phone still starts up but it will not recognise the sim. I think I need a reload of the firmware but cannot find any way to get it.
    the only menu that i can get into is at startup holding the volume and home keys. but this menu does not have any way to reinstall anything.
    I know that i must be a nut but it is to late now. is there anything that you can suggest? Many thanks
    tony

• Tony mortimer

Tony mortimer
      Just now
      Cheers Dalsun M

What do you mean by clearing the "flash"? I'd make a backup of all the files you wish to keep, then going back into "factory" mode and perform a factory/data reset (reset phone to factory defaults). If you can't reset the phone from this mode, try resetting the phone through the system settings.

• tony

Hi Dalsan m
      I have a chinese phone the only identity is model L601 . it has a MT6516 BBchip.
      I somehow got into a factory mode, and pressed a button on the menu for clear flash, I don't know why . now the phone stars up but will not recognise the sim. it looks as though i need to reload the factory firmware but do not have any way of getting it. do you think this will solve the problem and is it possible for someone with a similar phone to send me firmware copy.
      Many thanks
      Tony

• Dalsan M

If the person knows how to extract the firmware or backup the firmware and send it to you, you may be able to use it. The problem is that the Chinese phones are difficult to deal with, as in the drivers needed to install on your computer may not be available, and getting the phone into download mode may not be easy to do, if at all.

Try going into the system settings and perform a data wipe/factory reset, whichever option is available or found.