How can I fix my Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 after it has been run through the wash?

Anonymous August 13, 2014

My Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 got tangled up in my bed sheets while throwing them into the wash (don’t ask how my mother never felt it in there). Anyways, that happened approximately 5 months ago and Samsung still wont turn on! I tried putting it rice and cleaned off the water (I couldn’t remove the battery, because its built in). Anything else I could do? Please help.

There is a chance that the battery needs to be replaced and the tab would start working, but I wouldn't keep my hopes up for that. Most likely the tablet is beyond repair and would need to be replaced. The only people that could tell if it can be fixed or not would be a technician in a repair shop. If you were looking to gain access to files in the storage of your tab, you may be out of luck.

There's not an awful lot more you can do yourself. The battery is almost certainly dead, so will have to be replaced, and if you haven't rinsed the phone in clean water then there may be corrosion on it. You'll have to take it to a good technician. My guess is that they will declare it a total loss, but it's still worth taking it in and asking.

warranty if available then use it. other if it is the motherboard then you cant do much.
    plug it to wall, hold power on and volume down until you see the logo, if not then maybe time to say goodby Samsung Galaxy Tab 3.