How can I fix a pen drive that is not detected in any computer?

January 4, 2014

I have 4GB Transcend PD. It was working fine till I connected it to tablet. While working, it got disconnected. When i connected it again, it was showing as damaged card. When I connected it PC, it was not showing in My Computer, however it was shown in device manager as portable drive on USB serial bus. When it opened Disk Management it was showing there but there was any disk allocated to it or in front of it. I tried using DISKPART from cmd, didn’t work, it replies no media drive.

There’s no Data in it. Any way to recover PD? Hardware/Software?

Thank you in advance !!

1. Milinda L

Use linux os like Fedora or Ubuntu. If your pen work, backup your data on it. Then Format the PD to the NTFS file-format.

• Sushant N

Well its not detected on Ubuntu also !!

2. Bob

I had a similar situation. Pen Drive would not show on Win. 7 PC. I had an old laptop with Linux Mint 13 on it and the drive showed there along with files as I plugged it in. I noticed wiggling it caused it to not show and wiggling it some more caused it to show again. I tried the same on the PC and got it to show with some pressure applied (actually applied a little pressure both up for a few secons and then down for a few seconds). It was like the contacts inside were defective. It is worth a try, just don't apply pressure too hard as you might damage the USB port connection - very lightly is sufficient.

• Sushant N

Nope it doesnt work up !! i think it has got some Hardware poblem