How can I fix microSD card that seems to be behaving abnormally?

Waqas1998 March 30, 2014

Can someone please help me? I have removed my 8GB SanDisk microSD card many times without unmounting it. Now it is damaged. Whenever I mount it on my Android phone or laptop, it appears full. But when I cut some of the data from SD card to laptop and disconnect it from laptop, 4 GB of space then gets free. After some hours, it again become full. Now how to fix this problem?

Your description is not entirely clear to me. There seem to be two alternative scenarios here:

1. The card is not really full, but displays as such when used on the phone. If that is the case, the best thing to do would be to reformat it on the PC and start again (of course, you should backup the contentsto PC before doing so).
    2. You are saving a lot of real data on your SD card until it fills up. In this case, you need to figure out how to avoid saving all that data.

insert sd card, go to device manager, locate the driver, right click on it and choose uninstall (do not delete) reboot without unplugging sd card.

It becomes full "after some hours" of what? Are you saving other files to the memory card? Are you simply reinserting it after it has been disconnected from any device for this time? Is it reporting that it is full even though you only have 4GB of space consumed? These devices generally do not just fill empty space by themselves.

You may just want to move the entire contents of the SD card to another device and reformat the microSD card.