How can I figure out the drive letter for my Micro SD card?

Donovan R January 31, 2014

I need to know what the drive letter is for my micro sd card reader on a Toshiba Satellite l305, how can I do this?

It's usually the first available drive letter after C:. For example, if C: is your system drive, and you also have a D: drive (data, or perhaps restore partition) and E: is your DVD drive, then it will be drive F:. If you only have C: and D:, it will be drive E:.
    That is the basic principle, but things aren't always so simple. On some systems, removable drives are not shown until you plug something in. For example, you might have an SD and an XD reader, but neither will be shown until you have actually plugged in the card. In this case, you will need to experiment. Also, although it not commonly done, it is possible to map drives (or "volumes", to be more accurate) as different drive letters, so the principles outlined above may not work.