Can you factory reset a Windows 7 PC that does not come with the option to do it?

Stephii G January 14, 2014

I’d like to factory reset my computer but when I tried instead of having a factory reset option it just has the options to uninstall and reinstall the operating system. I don’t have the disk for it so I was wondering if there was another way to do it. Thanks!

1. dragonmouth

100% memory usage is too much. Is that while connected to the Internet or when you are off-line?
    You may have some malware running. Try a malware scanner such as Malwarebytes.
    Your AV maybe compromised.
    Try to shutdown as many processes as possible.

There are many steps you can/should take before re-installing the O/S.

2. Stephii G

With my old computer there was a system option to return the computer to factory settings but when I tried to do that with this one it all it will let me do is reinstall Windows. I don't have the CD plus that would just be a real pain in the butt. I don't overly want Windows 8 either and since I never created system restore points I can't just go back to that. My computer is running at 100% memory usage constantly with at least 100 processes going. I'm afraid it'll burn itself out if it keeps going like that. My anti-virus hasn't told me anything is wrong with it so I don't know why it would be running like that. It has 4 gb of RAM so it should be plenty...

I don't entirely understand your description. Are you saying there's an option to uninstall the system?? If you did that, what would be left on the PC? Or, are you saying there's an option to reinstall the system, in which case that's effectively a factory reset?

windows factory reset is included with laptops, then windows 8 bring refresh/reset options, maybe you consider upgrade to windows 8.?
    you can ask a friend to five you windows cd but it should be the same than yours otherwise format the reinstallation windows, your serial may be rejected.