How can I enable camera photos to be auto-saved to an external memory card in Android 4.0?

Drsunil V February 13, 2014

I’m looking for a way to enable camera photos to be auto-saved to an external memory card in Android 4.0 rather than the internal device memory.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.ucamera.ucam&hl=en
    UCam Ultra Camera is a very good option, as well. I use it on my older phones and works better than the stock camera app, and also offers many options that cannot be found in most stock camera apps. A close second, to me, would be Camera 360 Ultimate.

Since,you are saying that the default camera app that came installed within your phone doesn't have option to save into SD card and you have many times mentioned your phone to be Micromax Canvas 2 which uses stock Android and Micromax doesn't tinker much to the OS,hence you are unable to see such option as Nexus devices don't have SD card slot.

So,in order to overcome this,you can use other camera app.

• Drsunil V

Thanks. Please tell a reputed cam app with option to store location to sd card? Thanks again , and nice to hear your reply after a long time. how are you?

• Susendeep D

Camera360 Ultimate and Camera MX are good camera apps.

3. Drsunil V

hi. The Android Settings button does not display settings options.
    On-screen camera settings interface did not display Storage option

well if your android does not do what you want automatically and dont have the settings you can use something like tasker to move the picture to sd.

maybe because Shutter speed will be slow when pictures saving to external SD card?

Maybe CyanogenMod will be able to do that?

check this
    1. Open Camera Application.
    2. Select "Settings"
    3. Scroll down to "Storage"
    4. Select external SD card.
    depends of your Android model, maybe you don't have this option select external sd card