How can I edit my MakeUseOf profile?

Neil H March 19, 2014

I am unable to edit my profile. I can login OK & if I click on my icon & then profile the page changes with the message “loading” at the top but nothing ever happens. I have tried using Chrome & Firefox on my PC + Chrome & Safari on my iPad.  Any ideas? I want to edit my email address stored with you.

1. Erez Z

Hi Neil,

Erez here, in charge of MakeUseOf's login system. I'm afraid the system currently requires us to do this manually for you - this is a limitation of the PunchTab platform we use to implement gamification.

Please email me - erez@makeuseof.com - from BOTH your new and old email addresses with the same message, so I can confirm it is indeed you. Of course, don't forget to mention which address is the new one and which is the old, so I can locate your account and make the change for you.

I know this is convoluted and am working with PunchTab to look for a saner solution.

Best,
    Erez

2. Jeff F

As far as I know, the feature to edit your profile has not yet been implemented. I believe in order to change your email address with MakeUseOf, you will first need to create a new account under that email and merge it with your old one. I have notified our technical team and they should be with you shortly to assist you..