How can I disable the touchpad on my laptop?

July 6, 2014

Last week my girlfriend spilt beer on my laptop, I managed to get it out and dry pretty quickly but I’ve noticed over time that a few keys don’t work anymore, which I can deal with. The only other problem is the touchpad seems to click itself from time e.g I’ll be using iTunes and it will keep starting then stopping the song, or will excessively change the songs. I was wondering if there is any way to disable the touchpad and just use a mouse? and if that would solve my issue, im using an Acer – Aspire E1-522 running windows 8.1

Take Oron suggestion in consideration, it is straight easy way to disable the touchpad, you can also try some softwares like Touchpad Blocker
    http://touchpad-blocker.com/

You can disable the touchpad through the device manager. Run the Device Manager and find the touchpad under "Mice and other pointing devices" or pssibly under "Human Interface Devices"), then right click on it and disable it.

However, I wouldn't recommend that. The liquid may well have got into the laptop itself and will be corroding it. Take it to a technician and get it cleaned properly, or, if you are up to this, remove the keyboard and trackpad (you'll find instructions on the web), give the touchpad and any affected areas on the motherboard a good clean with isopropyl alcohol and replace the keyboard (laptop keyboards are generally inexpensive to buy online and are very easy to replace). If you don't, you may find that several weeks or months down the road the computer will develop much more serious problems.