How can I disable SkyDrive or OneDrive when sending Picasa pictures?

July 21, 2014

How can I disable SkyDrive or One Drive when sending Picasa pictures?

1. P

This is the SOLUTION:
    open picasa, and select pictures to send. picasa then asks which email you want to use. in my case, thats Gmail or WLM.
    The email opens....it has a couple pics showing.
    you click on the actual picture.
    left click on album
    Green format tab appears at top of email. under that is another tab “photo album tools”
    click on photo album tools and a row of icons will appear.
    the first icon is a paper clip. when you click on that the album will be gone and the photos will be attachments in the email.
    What a good thing to not have to use SkyDrive or Onedrive.
    Even if its a workaround, it gets the job done. There is no way to change the file format associations, or alter settings in Picasa.

Can you explain more? In what way do the two clash or interact?

• P

I use Picasa - its a great photo editor. Currently when I sent photos, I open picasa, and select the edited photos to send. I send with WLM when I am home, and I use gmail when I am away from my own ISP.
      After selecting which email provider to use, the email opens up, and the photos are there as attachments. I disabled skydrive-onedrive, and I use Windows Live Photo Gallery by default to view all the incoming photos in a slideshow.
      I talked a friend into downloading Picasa, and when when she tries to send a pic, SkyDrive (or is it OneDrive now?) opens the pictures in an Album in her email...does not give her a choice before she sends.
      Sending them that way is terrible! It affects the quality of the photo, especially the nature photos.
      I obtained a workaround from a third party to send them as attachments, and they can be sent and opened as they did before.
      I wrote down the instructions last night, but deleted them by accident;
      however, i will get the workaround instructions later today.
      I will post them to you if you want.
      It is the only way to preserve photo quality.
      I am not a fan of Skydrive-onedrive as you might have gathered by now.

• Oron J

As you yourself have indicated, the problem is she was sending the photos through OneDrive, rather than via email. I haven't shared photos though OneDrive, so can't comment on it, but in email you get to choose the image size/quality. On the other hand, email uses up a fair amount of bandwidth (attachments are "inflated" by 30%) and there's a limit to how much you can send in an email.

what is happening exactly when sending pictures?

• P

they get sent in an album, the quality or the photo is terrible

• Oron J

Picasa is from Google, while One Drive is a Microsoft product, so there's no connection between the two things.
      Your Picasa settings may need to be adjusted. How do you send your photos (as in, which sharing/sending option do you use)?

both are different sources the connection is different perhaps more info you should provide on how you proceed in each case