How can I disable the mini-bulbs on my Intex webcam which flash in dim light?

Dr.sunil V June 18, 2014

How to disable Intex webcam lights flashing in dim-light in PC running Windows? There are tiny mini bulbs on webcam which flash in dim light. The My Comp – Devices – Webcam does not show option to disable and could not find webcam software.

I searched its site and found that its a plug and play type of device and it might be using third party software to provide some features.

However, you may be able to paint or cover them...

• Dr.sunil V

How to locate it's software name in pc ( as installed from it's cd )? cd not available now.

• Oron J

You'll need to look in the list of installed programs. That'll do for applications. As for the driver, go into the device manager and look for a likely device name there (mine is listed under "Sound, video and game controllers", but I've seen webcams appear under other categories too).

3. Rajaa C

You cannot. They are designed as such. You should have brought a webcam without such option of mini bulbs. This kind of design seems very typical of the cheap Indian branded webcams. If you purchase a webcam in future, consider Logitech.