How can I delete Facebook posts for which “the content is no longer available”?

Erlis D May 22, 2014

Is there a solution to delete Facebook posts which show “The content is no longer available”, even though the post is still there?

Here’s a screenshot of what I’m referring to. I’ve tried different browsers and still the same…

It seems that the original poster who has published the post has removed the post from its timeline or has deleted the image,video(the content) and hence you are seeing such message.

2. Tim B

Hi Erlis,

Is this your own Facebook post? Can you not just hover it and bring up the usual X to delete?

If it's someone else's post then presumably you can do the same, but choose to hide the post.

Sorry, I'm not the biggest Facebook'er but I figured I'd try and get a better idea of what you meant. The screenshot is useful, but I can't quite tell whether that's a pop-up, on a Timeline or in the news feed.

Tim

• Erlis D

Hi Tim,
      This is a Facebook post that I did on another page! So, in other words, I posted on their timeline. There is no X button, only a small arrow on the top right, when after clicking the firt option is 'delete'. After I click delete, that pop-up appears.
      I don't remember well when timeline for facebook pages was released, but I think it could be a problem with their scripts. Maybe that post was done before, when it was a normal wall, and after changing to timeline this error appears... I'm not a Facebook fan either, that's why I'm trying to remove some thing which show on google search (their privacy is not so good. :/)

• Tim B

Yeah their privacy is an absolute joke, which is to be expected seeing as it was designed with marketing in mind, rather than actual user privacy. I think you might be right, at least I can't come up with a better idea as to why that is happening other than an error on their side.

You could try contacting the page admin to see if they can do it, otherwise I'd try Facebook support. Good luck though, I hear its quite a hit and miss process (they have all the money, a massive market share but find it difficult to hire enough support personnel – go figure!).

Good luck, let us know if you can resolve it :)