How can I delete a FaceBook account that I lost access to?

Ritika R February 7, 2014

Somebody hacked my FaceBook accont and changed my password. I tried so many times to change my password back but it required a GMail ID and password and I forgot mine too. I’m worried that whoever hacked my ID will misuse my account and I have uploaded my photos to it which will make it worse.

Can you please suggest to me how I can delete my FaceBook account?

1. Farz khan

now,how can i prove it ?

• Oron J

Are you Farz Khan, or Ritika R?

2. Farz khan

I want remove facebook account

3. Samuel

Sorry buddy. I don't think that's possible since there's no way to prove to Facebook that you actually own the account.

• Ritika R

but try to think there must be some another idea to block or delet my face book account i don't mind if my id will hack but my problem is i uploaded my photograph in it and whoever hack my facebook account will surely misuse it.......

Contact FaceBook and report that your account was hacked at https://www.facebook.com/hacked . You will need to prove your identity (otherwise anyone could take control of anyone else's account!) and they will restore the account to you.

If, once the account is restored, you want to delete it, you can do so, but there really will be no need to do so. One other thing, if you use your FaceBook password on any other sites, change the passwords on those sites immediately. It is best to have a separate password for each site, but even if you don't, this particular one is "burnt" - the hacker knows it and will most likely try it on other sites.

• Ritika R

But how I will prove that... that is my account only i forget my g mail id and password too..... in fact the number which we provide while making the face book account i forget that also or incase i get that number but then also i don't have that company Sim with me. what should i do now.?

• Oron J

Well, I imagine that the Facebook support team gets similar questions all the time, and they will suggest a number of ways to establish your identity. You could also try to recover your GMail account (surely you have a record of the email address somewhere, and you could then reset the password?).

At any rate, you see the problem. If you can't prove that your identity, what right have you to ask Facebook to delete what appears to be someone else's account?