How can you customize a Google+ personal profile’s URL?

Omar K January 20, 2014

It says you have to have 10 followers, but I thought with a personal profiles, you don’t (or can’t) follow like pages. You can add to Circles.

So how do I meet the 10 minimum followers or is there another set of rules to customize a personal Google+ personal profile’s URL?

Thanks!

1. Omar K

What I am asking is, on a personal profile, it doesnt' say follow, but add to circle. So when someone adds you to a circle, that means they are following you yes? I read that somewhere

• Jan F

Yes, adding someone to your circle is the equivalent to following someone.

2. Junil M

For personal account, you need 10 followers, then there will be a notification telling you have met the quota and you can now change to a personal URL. But you will not be able to choose a personal URL which is determined by google; you can just add a few things to it before saving. So you need some of your friends or others to follow you.

I recently did the same.