How can I convert a Word document to PDF?

Sweet L May 15, 2014

How can I convert a document in Word format into a PDF file?

1. Aditya R

i use foxit's built it virtual printer to convert anything n everything to pdf.

2. Earl

CutePDF free fast and 100% everytime. Word excel or anything your want to convert to PDF. I have been using it for years.

3. David B

I second that recommendation on Bullzip. I use it for all sorts of documents including MS publisher and it makes the documents to PDF without any hassles.

4. Rex
  5. Alexis C

I recommend the virtual printer Bullzip PDF. You can also convert to png and other image formats as well.

6. Brian

mmm what about back the other way, PDF to word?

• Rajaa C

Try Able2Extract :D

7. Gabriel

google doc can be used to down the open file as pdf file.. I use it a switch the word file to pdf.

8. Usman M

click save as in office 2010 or 2013, then select the format

9. Bert van Tol

Here I'm using off-line PDF-Creator en online http://www.printfriendly.com/ what fits the best and gives the best result .... hyperlinks in the document still working for example .....

Good idea to invite readers to give their ideas and experience !!!

10. Jennifer Carlson-Benoit

This is the easiest way, promise: http://www.convertword2pdf.com/ One click :)

11. Annamarie M

If you installed an Adobe Acrobat Professional, you can right click the word document from windows explorer and choose "Convert to Adobe PDF".

As others have said, for Office 2007 you'll need a add-on which you can download from Microsoft). In later versions the function is built in. Either way, you will then have the option to save as PDF (see this Microsoft article for details).
    For earlier versions of Word, or if you also want to save other documents in PDF format (for example, emails, web pages), you should install a PDF printer such as PDFill PDF Tools (Free) or one of those suggested by Rajaa and print your document to that "printer", which will ask you for a file name and will convert it to PDF.

Zamzar: An All-In-One Online File Format Converter
    http://www.makeuseof.com/tag/zamzar/

If you have Office 2007 then you can use the following add-in -

Microsoft Save as PDF or XPS

Office 2010 and 2013 has options to save as PDF.

15. Rajaa C

Alternatively, you can install a PDF printer like DoPDF, PrimoPDF or Foxit PDF printer. Then open the document and just print and select the PDF printer installed. This is known as print to PDF.

16. Rajaa C

From MS Office 2007 onwards, there is option to save as PDF within MS Office, I think. Certainly MS Office 2010 and MS Office 2013 has it. So you can simply open the MS Word document and click save as and select PDF from the drop down.

• Bruce E

Office 2007 requires a plugin for Safe as PDF functionality. If you don't want to add the Microsoft plugin for it, you can always choose Send as PDF attachment and send a PDF file to yourself via email.

• Jack C

Below you find many tool & method to convert Word document to PDF format
      1. Microsoft Office
      a). In Microsoft Word 2003 to 97, you do not have any inbuilt PDF feature.
      b). In Word 2007 requires a plug-in and
      c). In the Word 2010, you have convert a Word document to PDF format with an embedded application.
      2. OpenOffice - OpenOffice is a free tool to export your MS Word Document as PDF directly from the "File menu"
      3. Online-conversion - Upload your important document and get it sent as PDF by email.(only for limited file size)
      4. Use Google doc - you can upload your document to docs.google.com account and download as a PDF format.
      5. Alternative solutions: installed software and convert word document as a PDF format