How can I convert WAP pages into Android apps easily?

Dr.sunil V August 18, 2014

How to easily convert any WAP page into a Android app? I guess there must be apps to do such conversion.

• Drsunil V

Thanks. Nice find! Please tell , can it enable notifications for particular feature/s of the 'page converted to app'?

• Susendeep D

It depends on how apps are coded.If the code contains notifications,then it can display it.

• Sunil

Thanks. Please tell , regards the two links you mentioned , is any of webservice in your link can convert ( or code ) a mobile url ( say for eg., m.facebook ) into an app with notification?

• Susendeep D

If you want to be sure,then have a look at the below feature list of first link mentioned by me -

http://www.appypie.com/features

• Drsunil V

Thanks. Please see , that I converted a mobile url ( m.facebook.com ) and on converting it to apk , it simply linked to open it's same mobile page with no notifications , although notifications are mentioned in features page which you weblinked

• Susendeep D

If you want notifications for Facebook mobile site,try Tinfoil app.

• Sunil

Thank you. Please see , that fb mobile url is an example in discussion. Please tell , that as notifications is a feature of the webservice then why apk extracted from the webservice which you mentioned , has no notifications?

• Susendeep D

I hope you'd looked into other 5 websites which was mentioned in the second link.

If still not satisfied,then you can dare to use Pushover API which has been implemented in many apps.

• Dr.sunil V

Thanks. Yes , I looked into other weblink reviews in second link. The weblinks are about converting webpage into mobile page format , but not to convert to app with notifications

I viewed the link for Pushover API , but it does not seem to contain app for converting any mobile page ( fb , gmail or any other ) into custom notifications app

• Susendeep D

The steps for using the Pushover API is in the below link -

Pushover Message API

• Dr.sunil V

OK, thanks

1. Howard B

WAP is now obsolete: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wireless_Application_Protocol
    It's been replaced by regular webpages, as HTTP now supports compression of webpages, and many sites now have "mobile" versions of their pages for phone-sized browsers.

If your site is the one you want to convert to an app, why not convert it to a Chrome(book) app?

• Drsunil V

Query implies for http mobile page into an app with notifications customized