How can I connect my laptop to a Samsung Smart TV?

Gabriel H March 19, 2014

How Can I connect my HP Laptop to a Samnung Smart TV? My laptop does not have WiDi so I was thinking about a VGA to HDMI converter. I purchased this one from CDW it didn’t work

StarTech.com HDMI to VGA Adapter Converter for Desktop/Laptop/Ultrabook (Mfg. Part: HD2VGAE2)

1. Howard B

Most modern TVs will have a VGA connector, plus a 3.5mm jack for audio. I'm assuming your laptop doesn't have an HDMI output, which would give you video and audio in one cable, as well as a better display (VGA is analog RGB).

Assuming your laptop has VGA output and your TV HDMI input, you got the wrong converter! What you need is something like http://www.maplin.co.uk/p/vga-to-hdmi-converter-with-audio-support-n47hh which is in fact much simpler (similar models are available from eBay for a fraction of the price).
    The critical thing is that these converters work one direction only, and you need a VGA to HDMI converter, not the other way round.