How can I connect my Android phone directly to my modem?

Anonymous June 15, 2014

I have problem. I want to connect Android directly through wired modem without a PC.  I use ZXDSL831 modem consisting Ethernet (Connect to computer) & USB port .  I want to use USB to connect directly with my Canvas A110.  Please help me.

You may be able to use a micro-USB cable and connect to the USB port of the router, if it has one. Otherwise, you may be able to use a USB to Ethernet converter/cable to connect to an OTG cable, which would then connect the phone to the modem. Not all Android devices allow for Ethernet connection in this way, but some do. Check to see if the device has Ethernet settings option in the device settings. If it does, then the OTG cable and USB to Ethernet could work; if not, there is little chance of this working. Easiest option would be what Larry suggested.

2. Larry H

Does your Android have wi-fi? (most do). You will need to pick up a wi-fi router and connect it to your modem, then connect your android to the router by wi-fi. Call your ISP as most of them now supply modem/router combinations.

• sumit

hi
      I Don't want to buy wi-fi router. I want to use USB for connection to otg & then this to A110.