How can I clear a malware infection on Facebook?

Rene October 5, 2014

How to retrieve a Facebook affected by malware?

anyone found any solution?

2. Trish

The same thing happened to my Facebook account and it only happens when I use chrome

3. Irene

Just only my facebook but I tried some of my friends to use my computer and logged on to my device, and so strange they can open it! I tried using their computers/laptops but still the above thing appears. It loks like only my facebook has problem but not my computer.

Help me pls..................................................................................

4. Irene

Sorry for late reply just got home from work. Yes, only my facebook was ransacked by this malware, so everytime I open my facebook this appears:

It looks like your computer is being affected by malware. We’ll help you fix the problem to keep your account secure and prevent malware from spreading to friends.
    Malware is software that tries to steal personal information and causes problems when you use Facebook. Clicking or sharing links that contain spam can give your computer malware.

I tried downloading that and other anti spam and malware options but still never works. I deleted also my cookies and downloaded new browsers as suggested by some people but still didn't work i really dunno what to do.

P.S

Actually, my question was kinda long but I think they edited it but it's okay . This site is very helpful. Thank you.

5. DalSan M

Do you mean how to access a Facebook account after it was hacked? Or that each time you go to Facebook that a pop-up shows stating that there is malware? Or maybe that your computer was infected with malware and you cannot access Facebook anymore?

There are files, such as pictures, videos, advertisements, etc., that may contain malware, but an individual Facebook account is unlikely to affected by malware infection as you suggest. This is why it is difficult to understand what exactly you are meaning and having trouble with.

6. Ben S

Do you mean that your Facebook account was ransacked by malware, or that you downloaded malware through Facebook onto your PC? Please give me a bit more information so I can help you better.

• Chinmay S

I think that he must have got some adware or browser hijacker installed and because of that he is seeing ads on facebook pages.

• Ben S

I assumed this too, but the question is so unclear and lacking in detail that I wasn't sure. The description doesn't offer anything more than the title poses, unfortunately.

It's tough to help out one-sentence problems.

• Irene

Just my facebook was ransacked. my computer is okay. I asked my friends to log on my device but they can all open their facebook . I tried opening my facebook to their device but still I can't open it. I tried downloading a lot of anti malware stuffs but still didn't work. OH My G really! I tried also deleting all my viruses and cookies but still the same. I downloaded new browsers too as suggested but still didn't work. What am I gonna do?This appears everytime I open my fb: