How can I change the user interface language of Windows 7?

Raheem October 28, 2014

I have a Windows 7 Home Premium laptop and the OS language is German. How do I change it to English?

1. Rick

Can you really be that narrow minded. Immediately thinking the person is doing something wrong because they want to change the language. I was considering selling a windows 7 computer to a German friend of mine & was researching how to change the language to German, since he needed that. Is it illegal to sell a computer with the English language installed on it? Is it illegal to change the language? Please broaden your horizons and realize there are people outside the US with legitimate copies of windows 7 with legitimate reasons to change the language. It is not an odd problem...it is just odd that some people are so focused on their own little US English speaking world.

2. Ben S

Did you acquire this copy legitimately, or are you in a country that primarily speaks German? As Jan said, this sounds like an odd problem to have.

3. Jan F.

Windows 7 Home Premium is not eligible for a change of the display language.
    This feature is limited to Windows 7 Ultimate and Enterprise editions.

There are reports and instructions about using third-party downloads of language packs to change your display language on other editions on the internet. You might be able to find some using a search engine.

Given the risk involved in using unofficial downloads and hacking your operating system I'm afraid I can't help you with that.