How can I change my MakeUseOf profile name without changing my username?

Drsunil V May 31, 2014

How to change MakeUseOf profile name and picture without changing concurrent login credentials?

1. Dr.sunil V

Checking profile image and name change

2. manmeet

this is possible wihout any dout go in setting and choose your profile picture and save your setting with enter your pasward.

Your profile picture is governed by Gravatar.Login to that site to change it.

Makeuseof displays only the initial letter of your surname to protect your privacy.This setting is overridden over what you set as the display name in gravatar profile.

If you want more help,try asking erez@thisdomain.

• Drsunil V

How to log in to gravatar?

• Susendeep D

Go to this login link and enter your credentials.

• Drsunil V

thanks. i logged in to gravatar and changed photo. But it has not reflected in wordpress MUO comments

• Susendeep D

Try clearing your browser cache,cookies,history and then see whether changes have taken place or not.

• Drsunil V

Browsing data was cleared via Chrome. On doing so , the changes not reflected as you may see

• Dr.sunil V

The new photo is seen when I responded as 'new answer' in MUO , but not when I responded as 'reply to a response' like this message. Secondly , the new name is not reflected

• Susendeep D

Profile image doesn't loads on replies section.I can see that your name has been changed by adding a dot after Dr .

• Bhakta S

hi. This is Sunil. I changed log in credentials through facebook account. How is fb account log in different from Gravatar link? and how it affects profile name and image in 'reply' and 'comment'? thank you fr

• Susendeep D

Gravatar stands for Globally Recognized Avatar.It's for serving images to comments so as to identify the commenter.But display of name is governed by the site owner.

For instance,MUO allows only initial letter of a person to be displayed.Your full name - Sunil Vaswani and it would get displayed as Sunil V.

In order to easily comment on MUO,you need to create an account.MUO provides Google,Facebook and Twitter login support.So,if you've anyone of these accounts,you can log-in with them and hence easily use all features of MUO site.

• Dr.sunil V

Please compare and contrast between three modes of signing in , to edit profile name and image for MUO : 1) Signing in through Fb or Gmail , 2) Signing in after manually signing up through email ( say , by Gmail ) for MUO, 3) Signing in via Gravatar

Please also tell , is signing into wordpress reflects same wordpress name and image onto MUO profile? If yes , how does it differ between 'adding an answer' and 'replying to an answer' to same query on MUO , because i noticed that 'replying to an answer' shows different profile image and 'adding an answer' reflects different user name / image

• Susendeep D

Usually,in early times,when login via social accounts was introduced in MUO,the username and image of that social account will show up in comments.

Honestly,I only know that username being displayed is decided by webmaster.Only MUO site master or any other people who know more about it can briefly explain about its inner workings.

• Dr.sunil V

It's okay. Honesty and Humility are strengths

maybe you need to contact makeuseof team
    http://www.makeuseof.com/about/

• Dr.sunil V

Thanks for support link

5. Samantha.brown

Contact MakeUseOf Support to see if this is possible. I do not believe that you can change your username without just starting a new account. But double check with support for final answer.