How can I change the email address associated with my MakeUseOf account?

Rajaa C March 19, 2014

I have a Yahoo email ID associated with my MakeUseOf profile. I want to get it removed and use my GMail  ID instead, so that MUO staff or all reply to my questions and answers posted it received there. How can I do it?

See the comment from Erez on this post.

• Rajaa C

Bruce,

My associated yahoo email ID was removed by Yahoo, because of non usage for a long time as I had it specifically for MUO and was inactive in MUO for over six months due to some other commitments in my personal life. When I have become active again, and tried to login to yahoo, I received the message that the mail id does not exist anymore and have received the message that "Your Yahoo account has been de-activated
      Your Yahoo account has been inactive for an extended period of time and is being recycled. If you need a new account, please sign up for a new one.".

I mail to Erez accordingly to chane this ID to my GMail ID, however he reverted that to send the request from my Yahoo ID, so that he can verify that it is me who is requesting. When I explained him what has happened and I cannot access my email ID of yahoo anymore, he reverted asking any alternate method, to which I said that I can send the request from my outlook.com account, which is also associated to my MUO profile account and my Facebook MUO plugin. However, unfortunately have not received any further communication from him after that. Kindly suggest.

• Bruce E

Depending on the circumstances and timing, it can sometimes take a bit of time to do this. Erez is our sole internal contact for dealing with login issues but even he cannot simply make the change himself. He deals with the folks at PunchTab who we are using for site logins and the rewards system. PunchTab will be the ones to finally make the change, who will inform Erez when it has been done and he will get back to you as soon as he knows it has been completed. You just need to have a bit of patience. He will most likely be notifying you later today that it is done.

• Rajaa C

Unfortunately, Ezez did not get in touch with me any further. :(