How can I bypass the proxy in our dorms to download torrents?

February 9, 2014

We have proxy severs in our dorm which we need to configure in our router to gain acces to internet. The proxy let us do anything apart from downloading torrent files.

To use it, I need to set the modem to 10.22.1:3128 (some port we are given “ex:141”). Then, if we connect the device to the modem we need again to take advance settings to set it to 10.22.1.1 which is general to all devices ( the “22” is the name of the dorm, for example if I’m in doorm 19 we set it on 10.19.1.1) and then again the port 3128 on devices…

Ex for my Macbook
I entered on this site to show you:http://www.whatismyip.com/ and this is what i got

IP: 81.181.70.17
Speed Test IP Lookup
Proxy: 81.181.70.17 – 1.1 c21-c22.complex.upt.ro:3128 (squid/2.7.STABLE3)
City: timisoara
State/Region: timis
Country: ro – ro flag
ISP: universitatea politehnica timisoara

—————————-
We have a program called interwap made by someone and if you pay them they give you a user and password which helps your device to bypass proxy…  I need a solution to bypass the proxy settings so i can download torrents. Can someone Help me?

1. Vipul J

I faced a similar problem recently when my college was the blocker. After loads of searches I found a site where you upload the torrent file and they provide you with a direct link.
    It's zbigz.com
    Hope that helps!

Its nothing like that, they have proxys so people wont make hudge download traffic, we have programs that cost/ month so it bypasses the proxys, i'm the network admin on the doorm. And there are ways to get around the proxy by connecting it directly without server but that splits the speed from 1tb in the hoole doorm too 500gb to them and 500 gb to me, thats from them and i dont know why. I asked for help because i want something general, not to force the net connection on me... The program that uses the connection of proxy and gets around them its called interwap and i just need the source code of it so i can understand how exactly does it work.

3. dragonmouth

There is a reason why your college blocks torrent downloads. They do not want to take a chance on infecting the entire network with malware. There certainly are penalties for bypassing their security. Those could range from a slap on the wrist to expulsion from school. If you want to download torrents, don't do it through the school network.

In all likelihood, your university blocks access to torrents on purpose, and this is specified in its IT policy. Although it may be possible to get around it, I have to advise you not to do so. If you are caught breaching this policy you could be disciplined or even kicked out of your university. I used to work at a university and have seen this happen on more than one occasion.