Where can I buy Powerline adapters made for India?

Drsunil V April 12, 2014

Can you please weblink online purchase of Powerline adapters made for India? Many adapters are seen in amazon.in , ebay.in and junglee.com but they are made for US or other countries and so may not work without step down converter thus almost nullifying their efficiency. Also their pins seen in photos do not seem to fit in sockets of India.

1. Rajaa C
    • Drsunil V

Thanks Sir for the answer! Please suggest , as I had asked this question after knowing this link. On contacting TP-Link , it was brought to information that currently they are not selling the items in India. Nor does DLink. Nor could I find on Netgear and Belkin's local page. And though I am inclined to order online , I was apprehensive that they won't work in India as I was informed that to use in India , it has to be used with 'step down converter' which could tremendously nullify it's efficiency. Also I noticed that the foreign models have different pin , so I am also apprehensive that they would also not fit in , despite concern for voltage compatibility.

• Rajaa C

Check the specifications in this one, should logically work in India : http://www.zyxel.com/products_services/pla4205.shtml?t=p

• Rajaa C

Power rating: 100-240 V AC, 50/60 Hz

Plug type:
      EU type: Two pins for EU 220 V - 230 V
      US type: Two pins for US 120 V
      UK type: Three pins for UK 240 V

• Sunil

Can powerline adapter which is imcompatible with voltage of a country 'X' , work in the country 'X'?
      For example , a powerline adapter manufactured for USA , work in India? What would be role of step down converter in using USA Pwrline adapter in India? You mentioned V and frequency of three places, so Out of EU , US and UK type which can work in India?